Monday, July 10, 2006

here there and everywhere



What surprises me about coming home, other than the palatial
feel of what I thought was a pretty modest house we have, is that
it is "home, also." Home is, forgive the cliche, where the heart is,
and I left a little bit of mine in New York. No worries, plenty to
go around. Coming home to Baltimore was an embrace from a dream
at three in the morning.

Having the opportunity to see one's home with fresh eyes is a gift-
Textures are more apparent, the garden more welcoming, the bed
impossibly comfortable. And life goes on. So much to do.

I don't know if one of you looked 114 times or I really have had that
much interest, but it doesn't stop with manhattan. It starts. So check
once in a while, and write - let me know how you are, what you're doing,
where you're going too.

No comments: