Saturday, August 05, 2006

flanked




Who flanks you? Who is at your side,
at the ready, honest and willing to
divine words when none will come,
or celebrate with you when they flow freely?

Andria, the founder of Flanked (www.flanked.org)
used prize money from an award (unheard of!!!)
to start this conference, a diverse group of women,
a fabulous group of writers who
have inspired and moved, cajoled and
conjured together this weekend..

And so I carefully glance around now
for who does, and who will flank me.


Our literary guest speaker tonight was Tayari Jones, author of Leaving Atlanta and The Untelling.
Phenomenal..

2 comments:

Tayari Jones said...

Thank you kindly, ma'am!

zelda bijou said...

Tayari Jones had the grace to post a word of thanks on this little blog, and in response, I will take on the honor of reading and rereading her novel, and posting my numerous reasons that you should all read it..

I was swept away by your reading at Flanked, Tayari, and the rest of the story is leaving me no less enthralled. Thanks for visiting!